What is Sections Congress?
Sections Congress is a triennial gathering of IEEE grassroots leadership to:
- Network with other Section leaders
- Attend training programs
- Develop recommendations to guide the future of IEEE
What is a primary Section delegate?
- A primary delegate is a member of the Section designated by the Section Executive Committee to represent the Section at Sections Congress.
- It is strongly encouraged that the individual be a first-time Sections Congress attendee, and Sections should try to fund a younger member (i.e., Young Professional).
- The primary delegate must be of Graduate Student member grade or higher in the Section.
- A Section must be current in all reporting requirements in order to send a primary delegate. A Region Director can approve an exemption to this requirement.
Where and when will it be held?
SC2017 will be in Sydney, Australia, at the International Convention Centre, from 11 to 13 August 2017.
What funding is provided for primary Section delegates?
The registration fee, airfare, daily meal reimbursement, and four nights’ hotel stay is covered by MGA. Region-specific registration codes will be provided to the Regional Coordinator prior to registration site launch. These expenses will be reimbursed directly to primary Section delegates via an expense report.
Why should my Section send a representative?
It is the opportunity for IEEE representatives from all over the world to participate in an event that provides them with the tools and training to assist their unit in focusing their activities solely on the member and increase members’ participation in IEEE activities.
Will sightseeing tours be offered for partners?
A sightseeing tour of the local area will be offered each day for partners of SC2017 attendees.
Will Internet access be available?
Free Wi-Fi will be available in the International Convention Centre and the hotels.
Will there be a mobile app?
Yes, attendees of IEEE Sections Congress 2017 will be able to use the SC2017 mobile application or website to view the program schedule, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors. They can also connect with other attendees and interact via social media.
How do I register for SC2017 ?
Registrations are now open! Please visit the Registration Portal.